Sunday, October 21, 2007

Predestination

Predestination is a religious concept that God determines the fate of the universe throughout all time and space. In Islam, predestination is described as al-qada wa al-qader which in english means the divine decree and the predestination. This phrase describes how God has measured out the span of every person's life and what will happen during it and whether they will follow the righteous path or not. People have control over their lives but anything they do has to be done by God's will.

http://www.abrahamic-faith.com/shamoun/Predestination%20in%20Islam.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predestination
http://www.answering-christianity.com/bassam_zawadi/predestination.htm

8 comments:

David C said...

I was a little bit surprised that Muslims believe in predesination; I hadn't associated that with Islam. Do you know if all Muslims believe in predestination, or is it just some denominations?

Jack E. said...

I was thinking the same thing as David, I didn't know that this was one of their main beliefs.

Jackie said...

According to what I've read predestination is an article of faith for Muslims--not one of the five pillars of Islam. So different Islamic sects can vary their beliefs when it comes to the articles of faith.

Eduardo said...

I am also surprised because I thought that predestination was more of a Christian belief not Muslim.

Monica said...

I think predestination is a really interesting topic to explore. It would be fun to learn more about it.

Rusty Derrick said...

I was surprised about this too, but it is true. The blog administrator of this blog must be good; its a pretty nice blog.

Kate said...

I wasn't too surprised that Muslims believe in predestination because over all this religion is similar to christian beliefs, but I still think it's a interesting topic.

DP said...

yeah i had no idea that predestination was part of the islamic faith. very interesting. i never would have guessed